I, Charlotte Sayuri Katsuno am committed to protecting your personal information and web-based data in accordance with applicable data protection laws, including the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”). This includes any information you tell me about yourself, as well as anything I learn by having you as a student.
How I Collect Personal Data
All the personal data I collect comes directly from you, in a number of ways. These include:
• When you provide your phone or email directly to me at an event,
• Complete forms I provide to you for classes, 1:1 sessions, workshops, courses retreats and events,
• Contact me by phone, email, or communicate with me directly in some other way (such as social media).
Your Personal Details
Your privacy is important to me and as such I will not release your personal details to any other organisation or third party.
What Personal Data Do I Collect and How do I Use it?
• Name (first and surname) – to identify who you are
• Email – purely to communicate with you directly/personally, about a specific event I am part of or when opted-in on my mailing list. My mailing list goes out to notify you about classes I am teaching, when I am away and if they are cancelled. I also notify you about courses, workshops, retreats or special offers I may be running. I will only every notify you about an event I am actively involved in as yoga teacher or space holder. You have the option to update your email preferences or unsubscribe at any time by emailing me and requesting to do so.
• Telephone Number – for direct contact if this is your preferred mode of contact.
• Yoga Experience and Special Requirements (such as health conditions and dietary needs) – when attending yoga sessions, classes, events and retreats where this information is needed to provide you the best support and care for your experience at the session/class/event/retreat.
Purpose of processing: I use your information to communicate with you and keep you updated with what I am offering as a yoga teacher or space holder.
Legal basis of processing: My legal basis for collecting this information from you is that it is in my legitimate interest to use your personal information to ensure I am providing you with a service that is the best and most relevant for you as well as to respond to any requests you make or feedback provided about the service that I deliver.
Data storage period: I review data annually to ensure that it is still relevant and necessary. Data shall be kept for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which it is being processed.
Links to Other Websites
You have the following rights in relation to the personal information I hold about you:
• Your right of access – If you ask me, I will confirm whether I am processing your personal information and, if so, provide you with a copy of that personal information.
• Your right to rectification – If the personal information I hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you are entitled to have it rectified.
• Your right to erasure – You can ask me to delete or remove your personal information where there is no good reason for me to continue to process it, you withdraw your consent, I am unlawfully holding your personal data or I should erase your personal data to comply with applicable EU law.
• Your right to data portability –You have the right to obtain personal information you have provided me with.
• Your right to object – You can ask me to stop processing your personal information, and I will do so, unless there is a legitimate reason not to.
This Policy will be amended from time-to-time if I make any important changes in the way I collect, store and use personal data. I recommend that you check for updates to this Policy from time to time but I will notify you directly about changes to this Policy or the way I use your personal data when I am legally required to do so.
To contact me with any questions about this policy, or to access any information I have about you, you can contact me via email at email@example.com or by phone 07913335355